- Bursting with expert information on all your dog training needs, but small enough to fit in your pocket or hold in one hand, this is the perfect quick-reference guide for anyone wanting to train their dog to be friendly and well-behaved.
Condensed here in Collins Gem Dog Training is all the essential information needed to train your dog using gentle, positive methods that are fast, effective and fun.
The first section looks at choosing a puppy to match your character and your lifestyle, as well as proven techniques to make them both friendly and obedient. The second section helps you to understand your dog’s behaviour to enable you to communicate clearly with them, while the third section consists of a number of training exercises, accompanied by clear step-by-step photoguides and straightforward instructions.
With advice suitable for dogs of all ages and breeds, and illustrated throughout with full-colour photographs, this easy-to-follow guide will enable any owner to transform even the most unruly of dogs into a happy and obedient pet.
• Choosing a puppy to match your character and lifestyle
• How to have a sociable, friendly puppy
• First lessons – house-training, chewing and play-biting
• Step-by-step photoguides on training methods
• Preventing and solving problem behaviour
• Games, sports and tricks
• Talking and listening to your dog
• How to be a good owner